NHS England is holding a webinar to mark the national launch of the Patient and Carer Race Equality Framework (PCREF) to all Mental Health Trusts in England.
This is the organisation’s first ever anti-racism framework, which aims to support NHS Trusts to improve the access, experiences, and outcomes of racialised communities.
The launch of the PCREF coincides with the NHS celebrating 75 years of service and the Windrush Generation and at this webinar you will hear from people with lived experience of mental health care, colleagues who have been implementing the framework at Trust level and leaders of voluntary sector organisations who have supported this implementation.
The PCREF is a core part of NHS England’s published Advancing Mental Health Equalities Strategy which sets out the actions the NHS will take to reduce inequalities in mental health and a number of Mental Health Trusts have been piloting the framework over the last two to three years.
The webinar will be hosted by Dr Jacqui Dyer, Mental Health Equalities Advisor for NHS England, and chair of the Advancing Mental Health Equalities Taskforce, and will cover:
- An overview of the Patient and Carer Race Equality Framework from a national perspective
- Hearing from people with lived experience of mental health care
- How our pilot Trusts have implemented the PCREF locally
- The work of voluntary sector organisations in embedding the framework in partnership with pilot trusts
- Q&A session with all speakers