The Collaborative is offering 67 free training places to public health and partner organisations on the free LivingWorks online Start training programme.
In just 90 minutes online, LivingWorks Start trains participants to recognise when someone may be thinking about suicide and how to connect them to help and support.
LivingWorks Start was developed with input from experts in suicide prevention, education, psychology, public health, social work, faith communities and the military.
- It has high-quality content with a variety of simulation options, based on best-practice in online curriculum development.
- Learn a powerful four-step model to help keep someone safer from suicide, practicing engaging an individual with direct and open talk about suicide.
- The training has been proven to increase participant skills and confidence to intervene.
- The training is appropriate and safe for anyone aged 15 years and older (13+ with parent/carer supervision) and requires no formal training or prior experience in suicide prevention.
- Safety resources and support are available throughout the programme.
If you would like to take a free place for this training course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
For further information on the training, visit https://livingworks.net/training/livingworks-start/