The Drugs Strategy ‘From Harm to Hope’ provides fresh possibilities for the impact of social workers in England. This event will be an open exploration of the role of social workers in this changing world, with discussions focusing on how to collectively shape the possibilities of the future of the drug and alcohol social worker role.
Who should attend?
- Qualified social workers
- Student social workers
- People with lived experience of social work
- Colleagues of social workers (whatever your role)
- Leaders of social workers
- Trainers and educators
- Policy makers
What inspired this event?
- Dame Carol Black’s recommendations to professionalise the workforce is clear. The emphasis placed on the role of social workers is unprecedented.
- The economic and health inequalities in society bring a level of complexity that calls for social work values, knowledge, and skills.
- People are facing extraordinary challenges.