Food Active invites you to join them for their virtual annual conference on Thursday 10th November 9:30am-13:00pm ‘Prioritising child healthy weight in the age of crises’. The event will look at the impact of the pandemic on children’s health & well-being, key lessons learned from the pandemic, and a wider discussion on how this learning can be used to address the public health challenges the cost-of-living crisis is placing on children and their families.
The event will be held virtually via Zoom and consist of presentations, panel discussions and Q&A sessions where delegates can pose questions.
The conference will bring together a wide range of stakeholders, from within local authority departments, system leaders, NHS partners and ICS colleagues, academics, CVS organisations and more.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Matthew Ashton, Lead Director of Public Health at Food Active and Director of Public Health at Liverpool City Council
- Professor Martin Caraher, Emeritus Professor of Food and Health Policy, City, University of London
- Jon Hayes, Managing Director, Cheshire & Merseyside Cancer Alliance
- Alice Jennings, Senior Communications Strategist, Frameworks Institute
- Katharine Jenner, Director, Obesity Health Alliance
- Dr Sakthi Karunanithi, Director of Public Health, Lancashire County Council
- Dr Naomi Maynard, Good Food Plan Director, Feeding Liverpool
- Dr Oliver Mytton, Institute of Child Health, University College London
- Dr James Nobles, Research Fellow, University of Bristol
- Anna Taylor, Executive Director, Food Foundation