- Update – 17:00, 03.21 – Novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note that all of the information below has been added since the previous update on 22.03.21. Please use update to brief local partners.
- As of Wednesday 24 March 2021, 4,312,908 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK (pillar 1 and 2) and there have been 126,382 deaths. Further information on the data is available here: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
- New UK Health Security Agency to lead response to future health threatsNew agency will plan for, prevent and respond to external health threats such as infectious diseases, and will be led by Dr Jenny Harries.
- Policy paper – Securing our health: the UK Health Security AgencyThe UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) will be this country’s permanent standing capacity to plan for, prevent and respond to threats to health.
- Plan, prevent and respond: reforming health securitySecretary of State for Health and Social Care Matt Hancock spoke at the Local Government Association Annual Public Health Conference 2021.
- Government-backed loans help thousands of businesses to protect jobs during pandemic
- HM Treasury release on Bounce Back Loan scheme
- PM statement at coronavirus press conference: 23 March 2021Prime Minister Boris Johnson made a statement at the coronavirus press conference.
Data updates to Surveillance Reports and Dashboard
- COVID-19 variants: genomically confirmed case numbers Genomically confirmed case numbers for SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern and variants under investigation.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine adverse reactionsA weekly report covering adverse reactions to approved COVID-19 vaccines
- National flu and COVID-19 surveillance reportsNational influenza and COVID-19 report, monitoring COVID-19 activity, seasonal flu and other seasonal respiratory illnesses.
- Excess mortality in England: weekly reportsWeekly excess mortality in England broken down by age, sex, geographical areas, ethnic group, level of deprivation, cause of death and place of death.
- Weekly statistics for NHS Test and Trace (England) Includes reports on NHS Test and Trace (people tested and contact tracing) and rapid (lateral flow device) testing for people without symptoms.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey: characteristics of people testing positive for COVID-19 in England, 25 March 2021data about the characteristics of people testing positive for COVID-19 from the COVID-19 Infection Survey.
- Transport use during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemicMonitoring the use of the transport system during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. DfT provides statistics on transport use by mode.
Information, advice and guidance
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): grassroots sports guidance for safe provision including team sport, contact combat sport and organised sport eventsInformation on how to safely provide grassroots sport and physical activity during COVID restrictions
- Inclusive and sustainable economies: leaving no-one behindSupporting place-based action to reduce health inequalities and build back better.
- Providers of day 2 and day 8 coronavirus testing for international arrivalsInformation on the 2 tests you must book, pay for and take during your mandatory 10-day quarantine period after arriving in England, including how to book.
- Induction for newly qualified teachers during the coronavirus outbreakGuidance about changes to newly qualified teacher (NQT) induction during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Asymptomatic testing: early years staff in different settingsHow staff in early years settings can access regular rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) testing.
- Asymptomatic testing: primary and maintained nursery school staffInformation on rapid asymptomatic coronavirus (COVID-19) testing for staff in primary schools, school-based nurseries and maintained nursery schools.
- Asymptomatic testing: secondary schools and collegesInformation for schools and colleges about testing from January.
- Making a childcare bubble with another householdHow you can get informal childcare for anyone under 14 from friends and family you do not live with.
Marketing and communications materials – updated 25 March
To be aware, we will be updating lots of new materials on the 29th March to meet the new rules coming into play from then so do check back on the CRC then and the next few days as we receive new materials on Hands Face Space & Fresh Air, Testing and Vaccinations.
- NEW BBC video content in 5 South Asian languages now available. Please share this content where appropriate through your channels. Content includes:
- Travelling Rules – NEW
- Lockdown Mental Health Tips
- Vaccine Scams
- Lockdown rules explained
- Test and trace
- Vaccine explainer
- Vaccine Q&A
- Vaccine myths busting
Webinar on infection prevention and control
The Department of Health and Social Care and the Better Care Fund team are hosting a webinar at 2pm on 29 March on the continued importance of infection prevention and control during the coronavirus outbreak.
The event is free to join. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.