Wirral Mind have been commissioned by Wirral Borough Council to deliver Mental Health Awareness training to front-line staff in Wirral (including carers, taxi drivers, bar staff, hairdressers, shop workers etc), to upskill our community to be able to talk about mental health.
The mental health training aims to strip away myths and misunderstandings about mental distress and replace them with sound, positive, practical information so that people can support themselves and others who may be experiencing problems.
The half-day Mental Health Awareness training will be delivered face-to-face and will help you to:
- Explore attitudes towards mental health, stigma and discrimination
- Increase knowledge and understanding of mental health issues
- Recognise signs and symptoms associated with mental health problems
- Understand the causes of mental health problems
- Understand how mental health affects people
- Help support self/others with mental health problems
- Promote positive mental health in the workplace