This session will provide information and give confidence around the application of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 within specific service areas in Halton.
- Have an overview of the Act, why it was required and the guiding principles which underpin it
- Understand what constitutes breaches to people’s Human Rights
- Better develop strategies and skills in assessing capacity, and develop confidence in making and recording best interests decisions which are legally defensible
- Be aware of the interface between the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the more recent Mental Health Act 2007
- Know where to seek further support and advice locally
This course is free of charge to those living and working in Halton and who have a direct involvement in the care and support of adults with additional needs. This includes volunteers, carers, those employed through a personal budget and those who use services. Courses covers local process, policy and protocol and are not relevant to those out of area.