On 16th December, professionals working in alcohol care across Cheshire and Merseyside came together for the Collaborative’s third Clinical Network event for the Competencies Framework PROgram for Alcohol Care Teams (PROACT).
This program was set up to support Alcohol Care Team (ACT) staff across the subregion to develop their skills and work as a community to improve care.
Over the course of this year, the network has expanded to include wider hospital and community colleagues, with the aim to improve integration of care and lead to better outcomes for patients.
The event included:
- An introduction by Ravi Menghani, Programme Manager, Reduction of Harm From Alcohol, Champs Support Team
- Clinical Lead update by Dr Paul Richardson, Liverpool University Hospitals Trust
- Embedding physical activity within a health pathway, by Danny Woodworth from Merseyside Sports Partnership and Matty Ronneback from Liverpool City Council
- Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) discussion, with David McCollom, Creative Director of DMC Media and ex-service user
- Development of the Competency Framework, by Dr Lynn Owens, Nurse Consultant, Liverpool University Hospitals Trust
- Staff wellbeing and building resilience, by Mandy Smith, Lead ACT Nurse, Southport & Ormskirk NHS Hospitals Trust
- Quality Measures discussion, on how we can measure impact, led by Dr Lynn Owens
For further information on the PROACT Competencies Framework PROgram for Alcohol Care Teams, click here.