The NO MORE Suicide Annual Summit, held on 6th September 2017, welcomed over 170 delegates and saw the launch of the updated NO MORE Suicide three year strategy. Delegates were given the opportunity to learn about suicidal and self-harm behaviour from an esteemed panel of speakers including, Professor Rory O'Connor, Professor of Health Psychology at the University of Glasgow and Professor Louis Appleby, Professor of Psychiartry at the Univeriity of Manchester.
As well as hearing from sector professionals and academics, delegates were given the opportunity to hear from representatives from a number of support organisations including Papyrus, James' place and the new Hub of Hope online facility.
A moving video was aired at the event seeing Heidi Moulton give an emotional account of the time following the loss of her son Stefan. Heidi expressed how the collaboratively commissioned post suicide liaison service, Amparo offered vital support to her and her familiy following their loss.
All speaker presentations are available to view via the Champs website
Delegates gave positive feedback about the event and some examples of areas delegates found most useful are also below.
- Presentations and film excellent
- News of James’ Place
- Talking with professionals
- Listening to those who are interested in helping children, not playing with statistics
- Stefan’s socks was a powerful video
- The different areas that provided information and the vast support that is available
- Really good event. Lots of refreshed information and speakers condensed into an afternoon. Excellent organisation of event and good time keeping!
- One of the best events of this nature I have ever attended
- Well worth the travel from West Yorkshire and the learning from Champs
Plans are underway for the 2018 NO MORE Suicide Annual Summit. details will be released in the New Year.