Recent NICE guidance updates - summary:
Updates of interest to NHS/CCGs are:-
- Several TAs for cancer which are funded by NHS England or through the Cancer Drugs Fund (CDF),
- TA 485:Sarilumab for rheumatoid arthritis is expected to have minimal cost impact.
- CG 71: Familial hypercholesterolaemia – removes nicotinic acid as an alternative to statins because it is no longer licensed.
- NG 79: Sinusitis and antibiotic prescribing – reaffirms the concept that antibiotics are not generally required for this indication – a message which will help to reduce the current level of antibiotic prescribing.
- NG81: Glaucoma treatment & diagnosis – encourages the prescribing of generic prostaglandins (as opposed to branded) which could result in cost savings.