As of 4.13pm on Tuesday 28 July, 300,692 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK (pillar 1 and 2, see descriptions below). Of those tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, 45,878 have died across all settings. Further information is available here: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
- PHE yesterday launched the Better Health campaign to support people to live healthier lives and reduce their risk of serious illness, including COVID-19. The campaign will be targeted at groups most affected by obesity and is supported by a coalition of partners, including those providing weight management services. More information is available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/major-new-campaign-encourages-millions-to-lose-weight-and-cut-covid-19-risk and here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tackling-obesity-government-strategy/tackling-obesity-empowering-adults-and-children-to-live-healthier-lives
- As you will be aware following the weekend coverage on travellers arriving in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland from Spain on or after 26 July 2020 will need to self-isolate. More info is available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/spain-removed-from-travel-corridors-exemption-list
- Disabled people exempt from wearing face coverings under new government guidance: Government has set out a list of face covering exemptions
- PHE’s National COVID-19 surveillance reports, including weekly summary of findings monitored through various COVID-19 surveillance systems. (updated 23 July)
- NHS test and trace stats for England 2-8 July are now available.
- Follow this link for the latest reproduction number (R) and growth rate of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK (updated 24 July).
- ONS Deaths involving COVID-19, England and Wales: June 2020 (published 17 July)
- Weekly number and percentage of care homes reporting a suspected or confirmed outbreak of COVID-19 to PHE by local authorities, regions and PHE centres
- The PHE dashboard can be found here: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/ Our daily reporting includes deaths that have occurred in all settings where there has been a positive COVID-19 test, including hospitals, care homes and the wider community. The report also includes case rates per 100,000 resident population at lower tier local authority level. Also, positive cases from testing in the wider community (also known as pillar 2) at UTLA and LTLA level in England have been added to the daily COVID-19 dashboard. Although this does not affect the total number of cases in England, it shows an increase in the UTLA/ LTLA figures which have previously only included pillar 1.
Information, advice and guidance
- The national and global response to the spread of COVID-19 continues to develop quickly and our collective knowledge of the virus is growing by the second. Coronavirus (COVID-19): scientific evidence supporting the UK government response
- Estonia, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia and St Vincent and the Grenadines have now been added to the exempt list for travellers arriving in England https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors
Marketing and communications materials
- A full refresh of the Ports of Entry and Exit resources, including:
- digital screens
New messaging focuses on clarifying the isolation message for returning travellers and the importance of completing the Contact Locator Form
- New Enjoy Summer Safely social media animations with gym reopening messaging
Better Health Campaign Partner Toolkit
To help support the launch of this campaign we have created a partner toolkit that includes everything you need to start the conversation:
TV advertisement, versions with and without subtitles
Social media animations. PR film and GIFs
Posters, A0, A3 and A4
Radio, including radio script
Campaign resources to support celebrate Eid safely, including:
- Static social media
- Communications toolkit
New face coverings assets, including:
Reporting an outbreak action cards (from the Joint Biosecurity Centre) to support business and other settings in the event of an outbreak.
- New Digital-out-of-home for face coverings in shops
- Updated NHS Test and Trace briefing pack document in the local outbreak communication toolkit
- New Static Social Media assets and Posters promoting the mandatory use of face coverings in shops have been made available.
- New British Sign Language (BSL) formats for Test and Trace and Stay Alert are now available.