As of Monday 23 August 2020, 326,614 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK (pillar 1 and 2, see descriptions below) and there has been 41,433 deaths. Daily reported COVID deaths are now measured across the UK as deaths that occurred within 28 days of the first laboratory-confirmed positive COVID test. Data using the old and new measures can be downloaded here. The dashboard deaths page is being re-developed.
Further information on the data is available here: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
- Download a template if you're claiming for 100 or more employees through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Complete a template with the details of the employees you're claiming for and upload this when you claim (for claims on or after 1 July 2020).
- Claim for wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Claim for 80% of your employee’s wages plus any employer National Insurance and pension contributions, if you have put them on furlough or flexible furlough because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Study finds very low numbers of COVID-19 outbreaks in schools
- Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening
- More targeted action in local areas to curb the spread of coronavirus
- NHS Test and Trace successfully reaches over 80% of close contacts since launch
- NHS Test and Trace (England) and coronavirus testing (UK) statistics: 6 August to 12 August 2020 Experimental statistics for weeks 1 to 11 of NHS Test and Trace contact tracing in England and coronavirus testing (UK).
- PPE deliveries (England): 17 August to 23 August 2020 Experimental statistics showing the latest number of personal protective equipment (PPE) items distributed for use by health and social care services in England.
- Unity and division in Great Britain The effect of the coronavirus pandemic on perceptions of unity and division in Great Britain
Information, advice and guidance
- Leaving hospital to go to another place of care: patient leaflet Leaflet given to patients before they are discharged to another place of care.
- COVID-19: laboratory evaluations of serological assays PHE has undertaken a number of rapid evaluations of commercial serological assays for their suitability for detecting the production of COVID-19 antibodies.
- Coronavirus and occupational switching: January to June 2020 This article aims to look at the occupation switches across the labour market, focusing at the different demographics and the individual characteristics of the job movers, such as sex, age and qualifications.
Marketing and communications materials
No new materials today