The C&M MECC Partnership Board Meeting took place on 11th June, the key messages are below:
- The Board received a presentation from the PHE Dental Network around current MECC activity focusing on preventing head and neck cancer, improving dental health in care homes and oral health in children.
- Gemma Hockenhull from the C&M Cancer Alliance updated the Board on how MECC is being incorporated into the role of cancer support workers and the new successful transformation bid
- Dr Matt Atkinson from PHE presented highlights of the insight work carried out with senior leaders on the barriers and enablers to implementing MECC in NHS Trusts in C&M.
- Carla Sutton from NHS England updated the Board on the development of Primary Care Networks and the new social prescribing link workers who could be instrumental in conveying MECC messages.
- There was an update on MECC training delivered so far and a train the trainer package is being developed.
- The quick guide for evaluation has been completed and data is being analysed pre and post training.
- The new MECC communications strategy and website www.mecc-moments.co.uk, which includes a campaign tool kit, were endorsed.