The DsPH met for their system leadership meeting on Friday 11th May. The key messages are as follows:
- New funding for C&M Suicide Prevention Pilot and national visit - The suicide prevention programme will receive NHS England (NHSE) funding for a primary care risk assessment pilot. A visit from the NHSE national team on the suicide prevention programme will also take place in the summer to assess progress on our work.
- Visit by LGA and access to free LGA support for care and health - Kay Burkett from the LGA presented to DsPH on the LGA Care and Health Improvement Programme offer. Areas to progress for Cheshire & Merseyside include peer review training, support for “health in all policies” and sharing learning on suicide prevention and the Health and Care Partnership.
- Liverpool City Region (LCR) update - Matt Ashton, DPH for Knowsley & Sefton, gave an update on the new PHE led Liverpool City Region (LCR) “wellbeing and wealth” programme putting population health and wellbeing at the heart of the economic and industrial strategy. Alan Higgins is leading the programme on behalf of PHE.
- Cheshire & Warrington (C&W) Public Sector Reform Board update - Fiona Reynolds, DPH for Cheshire East, gave an update on the recent C&W Public Sector Reform Board meeting, the prospectus and sub regional conference which is taking place on June 15th. Fiona also updated on the development of a single CCG in Cheshire.
- Health and Care Partnership prevention workshop and new framework - Eileen O’Meara, DPH in Halton updated on the recent Health & Care Partnership prevention workshop. A place based prevention framework is being developed and prevention work within the cross cutting themes is being aligned. An event on maximising the economic and social value of the NHS is planned for June 19th.
- NHS England update on breast screening - NHSE gave an update on the national and sub-regional response to the recent national breast screening incident and will keep DsPH informed of developments.
- PHE oral health report to be released - PHE highlighted a new report on the oral health survey for 5 year old’s is due w/c 14 May. The PHE Oral Health team will also present some of their recent work to DsPH at a future meeting.
- Champs strategic delivery plan 2018-20 - The draft Champs Collaborative strategic delivery plan for 2018-20 was approved and following refinements will be signed off and circulated in June.
- An abstract has been successful for a poster presentation for the forthcoming Global Symposium on Health Systems Research in October in Liverpool.
- Spider, an arts project in Birkenhead, has won a Florrie award
- Well Sefton have won the Echo Environment awards
- Cheshire East’s community development team won an award for collaborating with their community on keeping well in winter.
Congratulations to everyone involved.