The DsPH met for their system leadership meeting on Friday 20 July and the key messages are:
- Champs strategic delivery plan 2018-20 released – The Champs delivery plan has now been published and can be shared with elected members and other colleagues as appropriate. It is available via the Champs website.
- New CEO for Cheshire & Warrington - Kath O’Dwyer, Acting CEO for Cheshire East Council is now lead CEO for health and wellbeing in Cheshire & Warrington. The Public Service Transformation Programme is focusing on gaining external ESF funding for worklessness. A joint Cheshire Health & Wellbeing Board event is being planned and a single Cheshire CCG established.
- Liverpool City Region - Matthew Ashton updated on the LCR Wealth and Wellbeing programme and a positive meeting with the Mayor’s office of the Combined Authority on joint working and the Industrial Strategy.
- Cancer Alliance - Gemma Hockenhall of the Cancer Alliance, updated DsPH on their three priorities, Making Every Contact Count (MECC), smoking cessation in hospitals and screening. The Cancer Alliance will link with the Champs work on implementing MECC at scale, pilot the CURE model for smoking in hospitals and review best practice for screening from across the patch.
- Upscaling public mental health activity in C&M - A call took place with Gregor Henderson, national mental wellbeing lead at PHE to discuss upscaling public mental health activity. A half day scoping workshop is to be held to determine the vision which will be supported by Jude Stansfield of PHE.
- Sexual health pilot - Ian Ashworth and Lucia Scally presented an update paper on the sexual health commissioning pilot around cross charging and a draft statement was shared. The DsPH approved the paper in principle.
- Health & Care Partnership - Eileen O’Meara updated that the Health & Care Partnership (HCP) Prevention Board have taken their Prevention Framework to the HCP management board where it was very well received. The new MECC Partnership Board meets this week for the first time.
- NHS England - Julie Kelly highlighted a focus on flu vaccinations for 2 -3 year olds. All nine local authorities now have sexual health providers who offer cervical screening services.
The DsPH also shared good news and appointments…
- St Helens Council won the MJ award for their health and social care partnership, well done to everyone!
- The Champs celebration event took place on 9th July and DsPH thanked all those involved
- Liverpool City Council - Dr Sandra Davies, DPH Liverpool, will become Interim Director of Adult Social Care in addition to her DPH role and Tony Reeves is the new CEO
- Cheshire West & Chester Council - have appointed a new CEO, Andrew Lewis, who will start in post w/c 23 July
- New Associate Medical Director at Warrington Hospital - who is public health consultant May Moonan
- PHE NW - Alan Higgins has been appointed as Head of Programme, LCR Wealth and Wellbeing and David Hearne as Deputy Director
The next DsPH system leadership meeting will be held on 17th August.