The DsPH met for their system leadership meeting on Friday 17th August and the key messages are below. Please share these messages with your teams via e-mail and at your team meetings.
- New guidance for CDOP - Mike Leaf, Independent Chair of the Cheshire & Merseyside Child Death Overview Panels (CDOP) gave an update to DsPH on the changes to the child death review processes and the implications for the system. A planning workshop for future arrangements will be held on 9th October and Mike will report back to DsPH following this with recommendations.
- Health protection update from PHE - Angela Hardman, the new Deputy Director for Health Protection at PHE NW visited the DsPH to update on the priorities within their business plan (AMR, TB and system leadership) and work to date.
- Communications and campaigns update - Tracey Lambert of the Champs support team updated DsPH on progress on the new Happy Hearts CVD prevention website, the BHF funded conversational tool, and campaign plans for Know Your Numbers week and World Suicide Prevention Day.
- NHS England update - Hayley Mercer updated on screening and immunisations including the plans for flu vaccinations this winter and confirmed that 2 – 3 year olds are a priority target group.
- CURE bid – The Cancer Alliance will be bidding for up to £200,000 for the CURE stop smoking model to be implemented in some general hospitals in Cheshire & Merseyside.
- New Champs Collaborative Chair and Vice Chair - The DsPH thanked Dr Sandra Davies, DsPH in Liverpool, as she comes to the end of her year as Chair of the DsPH Executive Board. Fiona Reynolds, DPH in Cheshire East will take over as Chair in September with Sue Forster, DPH in St Helens becoming Vice Chair.
- NW Practitioner Scheme - Lucia Scally has been appointed as the new co-ordinator of the North West Public Health Practitioner Scheme, hosted by Champs Collaborative and regional workshops will be taking place.
The next meeting will be the DsPH System Leadership meeting on 14th September and the new ADPH president will be attending.