The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) confirmed that, as of 9am 5 June, there have been 5,214,277 tests, with 207,231 tests on 4 June. 283,311 people have tested positive. As of 5pm on 4 June, of those tested positive for coronavirus, across all settings, 40,261 have sadly died. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Data - R number in the UK – has been announced today and information is available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-number-in-the-uk
Regional R Rate Today the regional R data was published online: https://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/now-casting/ The PHE/Cambridge team is one of many short-term forecasting teams contributing to the consensus forecasts and R estimates produced by the SAGE sub-group SPI-M. These include teams from Imperial College, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of Warwick, University of Exeter and the University of Manchester amongst others.
The PHE dashboard can be found here: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
- Our daily reporting includes deaths that have occurred in all settings where there has been a positive COVID-19 test, including hospitals, care homes and the wider community. The report also includes case rates per 100,000 resident population at lower tier local authority level.
- PHE’s weekly COVID-19 surveillance report was updated today: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/weekly-covid-19-surveillance-report-published
- PHE’s weekly report about the number of outbreaks in care homes was also updated today: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/covid-19-number-of-outbreaks-in-care-homes-management-information
- Information, advice and guidance
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): requirements to provide public health information to passengers travelling to England https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-requirements-to-provide-public-health-information-to-passengers-travelling-to-england
- Guidance of Shielding https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
- Guidance on the management of staff and exposed patients and residents in health and social care settings has been published: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-management-of-exposed-healthcare-workers-and-patients-in-hospital-settings.
- An updated version of the shielding guidance has also been published: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
- DCMS and Sport England issued a release on 1 June regarding groups of up to six from different households can now exercise outside under new rules https://www.gov.uk/government/news/groups-of-up-to-six-from-different-households-can-exercise-outside-under-new-rules.
For more information read: Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance on the phased return of sport and recreation including for: Personal trainers and coaches and Providers of outdoor facilities
- The Government has updated the guidance for people who are clinically extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 and have been advised to shield: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/prime-minister-hails-resilience-of-shielders-as-restrictions-set-to-ease
- The Department for Education has issued new guidance on the process schools and education settings should follow to obtain supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-implementing-protective-measures-in-education-and-childcare-settings/coronavirus-covid-19-implementing-protective-measures-in-education-and-childcare-settings. They also updated their guidance on what parents and carers need to know about schools and other education settings during the coronavirus outbreak https://bit.ly/ParentsGuidance. Social assets are included from DfE below.
- Updated governance for schools here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-governance-update/governance-update-april-2020
- The PHE disparities review ‘COVID-19: review of disparities in risks and outcomes’ has been published - you can view the report here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-review-of-disparities-in-risks-and-outcomes. For a full readout of the statement and questions when SoS announced the findings in the House of Commons visit: https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2020-06-02/debates/F1B37A79-E882-4BBE-857C-C6BDBD2689AF/Covid-19Response
- An update from the Equalities Minister about next steps on this work here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/next-steps-for-work-on-covid-19-disparities-announced
- The Home Secretary delivered an oral statement to the House of Commons on Wednesday on health measures being introduced at the border in response to coronavirus https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/home-secretary-oral-statement-on-health-measures-at-the-border . The new public health measures will be in place from Monday 8 June. News story: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/public-health-border-measures-to-come-into-force-next-week
- Information to help bereaved families, friends or next of kin has been updated by the Cabinet Office to include Welsh and Romanian language and printable versions. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-the-bereaved
- The Ordnance Survey has worked with Natural England to create a site that brings together current advice from government, councils and other outdoor organisations, so the public can decide where to go and what to do outside: https://getoutside.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/covid/
- MHCLG has published rough sleeper accommodation survey data for May 2020 https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/coronavirus-covid-19-rough-sleeper-accommodation-survey-data-may-2020
Marketing and communications materials
- All available resources are accessible via the Campaign Resource Centre including NHS Test and Trace, Symptoms, Stay Safe and Alert, Looking Out For Each Over, Return to School, Every Mind Matters, Ports of Entry and NHS Resources
- Assets available on the CRC include:
NHS Test and Trace
Further resources to explain and promote NHS Test and Trace have today been added to the Campaign Resource Centre. These include:
40 second TV advert including subtitles
Alternative versions of assets including BSL and audio
Returning to school
New ‘returning to school’ social media assets have today been added to the Campaign Resource Centre. They include animated FAQs that cover social distancing, safety measures and travelling to school.
Looking out for each other
New materials created by The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) that communicate how to shop safely for yourself and others are now available from the Campaign Resource Centre. These include animated social media assets and an NHS volunteer responders toolkit including social media animation, static and copy.