In response to a request for information from the Association of Directors of Public Health (ADPH) for the Improving Lives: The Work, Health and Disability Green Paper, Fiona Reynolds, Director of Public Health at Cheshire West and Chester, led the response submitted by Champs Collaborative on behalf of the 9 Cheshire and Merseyside Directors of Public Health.
The Green Paper sought views on what it will take to transform employment prospects for disabled people and people with long-term health conditions.
There is a need to understand why disabled people and people with health conditions might be unable to get a job or keep one, and to recognise the wide range of conditions and circumstances they face.
Views from a range of respondents were requested including:
- people with health conditions and disabled people
- both large and small employers
- employability professionals
- health and care professionals
- families, friends, teachers and carers
- local leaders and commissioners in health, social care and local authorities
- voluntary and community organisations
View the Cheshire & Merseyside response here.