The purpose of this service is to give qualified advice and support to optimise medicines management in public health commissioned services across Cheshire and Merseyside.
Patient Group Directions (PGDs)
- To develop new and review existing PGDs on behalf of the LAs.
- To ensure that PGD development complies with legal requirements, national guidance and best practice.
- To ensure that current PGDs are up to date and comply with newly published clinical guidance.
- To provide general advice on any aspects of PGDs including those written by external providers (eg 3rd sector).
Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
- To provide strategic advice to LAs on the development of their PNAs.
- To ensure PNA development complies with legal requirements, national guidance and best practice.
- To provide answers to adhoc queries related to the PNA.
Local Drug Information System (LDIS)
- To co-ordinate the development of a local network to receive and disseminate information on drugs ( illicit substances and “legal highs”) across a broad base of partners across Cheshire and Merseyside.
- To co-ordinate the activities of a number of professionals from within the network to assess and formulate clinical responses to the data received.
Controlled Drugs Intelligence Network ( CD-LINs)
- To advise the Directors of Public Health and Social Care on their respective responsibilities and roles according to the CD-LINs in Cheshire and Merseyside.
- To take on future roles related to CD-LINs as agreed/ delegated by the DsPH.
Medicines and governance
- To advise on all aspects of medicines governance in public health commissioned services.
- To co-ordinate the setting up of a medicines governance group to review and advise on all aspects of prescribing.
- To respond to any adhoc queries related to any aspect of medicines use in Cheshire and Merseyside.