This event, hosted jointly by Champs Public Health Collaborative and Mersey Care NHS Trust, will see the launch of the Cheshire & Merseyside NO MORE zero suicide strategy and the Mersey Care local suicide prevention strategy and programme of work.
Taking place on World Suicide Prevention Day on 10th September, it aims to inform stakeholders of our bold vision to eliminate suicide in Cheshire & Merseyside and how we will set about achieving it. Suicides are not inevitable and there are many effective ways in which services, communities, individuals and society as a whole can help to prevent suicides.
Purpose of the event
- Launch the Cheshire & Merseyside NO MORE zero suicide strategy and website
- Launch Mersey Care NHS Trust local suicide prevention strategy
- To share evidence and knowledge of the issue in Cheshire & Merseyside
- To launch the new suicide liaison service, Amparo, which supports people affected by suicide in Cheshire & Merseyside
- Gain commitment from elected members for each local authority to achieve Suicide Safe Community Accreditation
- To build relationships and identify opportunities for action on prevention
- To learn more about the wider Champs collaborative mental health and wellbeing programme of work
Who should attend?
Elected members, directors of public health, local authority mental health leads, mental health providers, CCG mental health leads, emergency services, charities and voluntary sector, transport networks, Strategic Clinical Network, NHS England and Public Health England
Please register online using the booking form below. To view the event programme click here
Read post event news story here.
To view presentations from the event click here.