Aimed at anyone with an interest in tobacco control and smoking cessation (whether you work in local government, NHS, the voluntary sector or are an elected member), the Cheshire & Merseyside Tobacco Control Innovation Conference brings together expert speakers and public health professionals for an afternoon of discussion, learning and debate on some of the critical tobacco control issues of 2014.
Focusing on two of the most pressing issues for public health and tobacco control the conference will examine the recently released NICE guidance ('Smoking cessation in secondary care: acute, maternity and mental health services') and the challenge of Electronic Cigarettes.
The conference will also see the release of the Cheshire & Merseyside Tobacco Alliance's research into 'Young people and electronic cigarettes' (conducted by the Centre for Public Health, Liverpool John Moores University).
- Professor John Britton CBE- University of Nottingham
- Avril Devaney- Cheshire & Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Mental Health Trust
- Liz Grady- Alder Hey Children's Foundation Trust
- Layla Theiner- Cancer Research UK
- Professor Karen Hughes- Liverpool John Moores University
- Katie Hardcastle- Liverpool John Moores University
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided.
To book your FREE place please email email@example.com bookings will be taken on first come first serve basis. Please ensure that any special dietary of access requirements are mentioned in your boooking.