These pages refer to projects carried out to March 2015 under the former Champs Public Health Collaborative Service and the projects are now closed. Information has been retained on the Champs website for reference purposes. Job roles, contact details and other information may be out of date.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
By evolving champs from an informal public health network to a collaborative service, where the nine local authority public health teams work together; greater access to public health expertise and advice than would be affordable or available for a single local authority in Cheshire & Merseyside was achieved.
The collaborative service enabled each local authority to benefit from:
• Maximised economies of scale
• Increased impact by working together collectively
• Enabled cross-organisational public health commissioning
• Shared specialist public health expertise
• Reduced duplication of effort
• Continued professional development (CPD) programme and sharing best practice